Job Title: Staff Attorney – Warren County (Belvidere, NJ)
Legal Services of Northwest Jersey seeks a dynamic attorney who wants to make a real difference in the lives of people of limited means and vulnerable seniors. This is an opportunity to work in a community of highly experienced and dedicated legal services attorneys and staff. Under the direction of the Managing Attorney, the Staff Attorney will provide high quality legal assistance in a variety of civil legal matters including housing, public entitlements and SSI disability. The Staff Attorney also acts as a liaison between LSNWJ and local community groups and engages in community outreach and community legal education.
- D. from accredited law school;
- Licensed attorney of the State of New Jersey;
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for work-related travel or other means of fulfilling responsibility for work-related travel.
The following describes the ideal candidate:
- Two to five years of legal experience;
- Demonstrated interest in poverty law issues and/or public interest service;
- Prior Legal Services experience, particularly in housing/tenancy, public entitlements and SSI disability work;
- Good analytical, oral communication and writing skills, capabilities with technology and ability to handle varied legal matters;
- Is trustworthy and reliable; maintains confidentiality; is respectful of our client community and has the ability to relate positively to legal services clients; and has the ability to maintain a good working relationship with all staff and work in team environment.
The LSNWJ team is passionate about their work and encourages a supportive, teamwork environment, with work-life balance. LSNWJ provides trainings that offer CLE credit and comprehensive benefits package. EOE. If you share our passion for equal justice, please email resume, references, and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please detail in your cover letter how you believe you meet the needs of the position of a Staff Attorney at LSNWJ. We invite candidates to include, as well, a statement of how your background and experiences might contribute to the diversity and cultural vitality of LSNWJ. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. In order to receive full consideration, candidates are urged to submit their materials by November 14, 2019.